Photo Taken in Eureka Springs, Arkansas

Sunday, November 7, 2010

My Log Cabin Dream

After posting the acreage near Vichy, I had to come back and post pictures of the log cabin I would love to build on land like that.

This log cabin is actually one of several you can stay in and I recommend that you do.  It is Tall Pines Inn in Eureka Springs, Arkansas.  It is the coziest and most comfortable place I've ever been in.  I felt totally at home.  And it lives up to its name as there are tall pines everywhere.




I could actually make this a complete home.  You can't see it in the picture, but there's room in one corner for a small kitchen.  Small house living or tiny houses are becoming increasingly popular.  I never expected to become part of the movement, but truth is, I'd be very comfortable in a space this small.  I'd love the savings in utilities!

Another thing I wanted to point out about the Maries County land is that the open space and open hill remind me of the dairy farms I love driving by in the Ozarks.  When I lived there full-time, I really took to seeing the cows in the open pastureland with a few trees randomly about and then framed by the thick forests all around.

1 comment: