Photo Taken in Eureka Springs, Arkansas

Friday, May 4, 2018

Another Map

Here's a map I really like because it shows what I believe. It's been a topic that's come up again recently and that is where the Ozarks' southern edge lies.

Personally, I say it's that hill right out of Conway as you're leaving to go north on Highway 65 where Pickles Gap is right over the top. You can't get much more Ozarks than that. It's all the way Ozarks from there on out once you top the crest of that hill.

It looks like the Ozarks. It feels like the Ozarks. I know I'm in the Ozarks. Therefore it's the Ozarks.

I've read or seen maps that show it's just south of Clinton. That makes no sense to me. I've never been able to wrap my head around that. That's so far north.

It's obvious you're in the Ozarks all the way to Interstate 40.

Perhaps there's a geological argument. I'm not going to get into that. I'd hate to lose because I'm just not buying it.

There's part of the Ozarks that are clearly in "The Ozarks" that look like they shouldn't be, so there ya go.

Here's the map I randomly found. I wasn't even looking for it. At least with this one, I've linked it to its original source since I neglected to do that with the first map I posted ages ago.

The Map I Agree With For Taking The Ozarks So Far South

There you have it. If I knew the other regions as well as I know the area I live and roam about in, I'd be able to know if I felt as strongly about where their delineation lies.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. I sometimes have wondered about the term Ozark Mountains until we take a long drive and I look far ahead at the rolling, mountainous terrain and it sure looks like mountains to me.

    ReplyDelete