Photo Taken in Eureka Springs, Arkansas

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Back in the Ozarks

Today I started a new job, and funny enough, it took me back to the Ozarks!


I ate at the well-known Ozark Cafe in Jasper.  It was the most tender, melt-in-your-mouth chicken fried steak sandwich I've ever had - YUM!


There's two sides to the cafe with one entrance and it's been in business since 1909.  The walls inside are stone, the menu's printed on newspaper and there's plenty of photos on the walls and tables.  It's complete with a traditional soda fountain and a breakfast for $3.99 that includes biscuits and gravy.


It was wonderful to be home.  Even though it hasn't been long, I noticed little things about the Ozarks that are just Ozark-y.  There'd be these moments going down the road and I'd look over and think, "Yep, that's the Ozarks."  Just the way the trees are, little bits of scenery here and there, things that are hard to put to words.  But you know what I mean.  When you leave the Ozarks and come back, what makes it truly itself and unique really stand out.  It's just the Ozarks.  You know it when you see it.

1 comment:

  1. Congratluations on your new job, and I'm going to make a mental note to eat at the Cafe the next time we are down that way!

    ReplyDelete