Photo Taken in Eureka Springs, Arkansas

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Work Life in Branson

Every time I open my blog I want to make a new post. Considering what I've been doing most, I thought I'd share about my job.

I've been working Front Desk and Night Audit in a Branson hotel since November. It is the Grand View Inn & Suites just above Tanger Outlet. As I say to guests when providing directions, "Tanger is between Krispy Kreme and the Giant Chicken on the strip (76 Country Boulevard)."

The giant chicken belongs to Great American Steak & Chicken House. It's in good company with all of the other giants in town. I do believe King Kong of the Hollywood Wax Museum would be the most famous. New this year is the giant Transformer outside of Ripley's Believe It or Not.

Tanger Outlet is a world unto its own. If you love shopping like I do, it's a wonderful outlet mall. It's filled with well-known brand stores offering low outlet prices. That's one thing I love about Branson. It's a small town, but with big city shopping.

I've chosen some of my favorite photos of where I work. The drive from Cape Fair is not bad. It's 22 miles door to door. Highway 76 winds and curves just to my liking and it sure beats a city commute which in some cases would involve about the same amount of miles.






I have a wonderful manager. She reminds me of my boss in Boston. More than 20 years have gone by and we are still in touch. I love my job and I hope to be here until I retire.

1 comment:

  1. Its wonderful to have a job that you really like! I am happy for you. The pictures are very good advertising for the hotel!

    ReplyDelete