Photo Taken in Eureka Springs, Arkansas

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My Latest Finds

I've discovered Murney Associates Realtors and I like their website, so I've been saving my favorites there.  It's a larger real estate agency in southwestern Missouri.  Everyone has their own idiosyncrasies and for some reason, Murney's interface really appeals to me.

I'm going to show you some of my favorites right now, although as you can see from the ticker at the bottom of the blog, I'm still in the savings process, but I'm doing really well with saving.

1010 Valley Road, Rockaway Beach, MO 65740
2 BR/1.5 BA/784sf
$24,900




They are listing the address as Rockaway Beach, but it's actually located in Merriam Woods, which is just behind Rockaway Beach.

This one really appeals to me because I like the way it looks from the front.  I like the two huge windows in the living room.  They almost look like sliding glass doors, and I can't really tell, but I think they are windows, but if it's a sliding glass door, even better.  I also love the deck beneath all of the trees.  There's quite a bit of paneling in this mobile home and I'm not opposed to paneling, but it's a bit much, so I'd have to do something about that.

175 Kansas, Rockaway Beach, MO 65740
2 BR/1 BA/1012sf
$19,900


I like this house right in Rockaway Beach.  The pink foundation is pretty!  It does need some work, but it's doable.  I love the quintessential street that goes right down to the waterfront and I love that it has the name Kansas in the address, since that's my home state.

370 Buttercup Drive, Branson, MO 65616
3 BR/2 BA/1056sf
$29,900




I really like this mobile home in Branson.  I just like the way it is situated.  The interior is nice too, plus it's on its own lot.  Many of the mobile homes are in parks with lot rent and there's no way I'm going to pay lot rent.  Cute street name too.

411 Shelton Drive, Hollister, MO 65672
3 BR/2 BA/1188sf
$29,900




I really like the view from this one near Hollister.  I've been reading good things about Hollister and I like the pictures I've seen and I get a good feeling about it too.  I can just see myself sitting with my Saint Bernard in this living room.  I can't complain about a spa tub either.

121 Timber Ridge Drive, Hollister, MO 65672
2 BR/1 BA/734sf
$29,900




I like this shotgun house that is also near Hollister.  It looks like a tiny house, but with the advantage of the right square footage, the ideal square footage for me.  It looks brand new inside, like no one has ever lived in it, which is a bonus.  It's very pretty inside and out and the setting is nice too.

Speaking of tiny houses, I haven't completely given up on the tiny house project I spoke of before, but my hopes have been greatly diminished.  I'm having a heck of a time finding land that has utilities and no size on building restrictions.  I thought I'd found one, but it turned out that the supposed utilities were not there.  It's very costly to do a well and septic, so it's not something I'm willing to take on.

Campground Road, Merriam Woods, MO 65740
$2,000


Here's a piece of land that claims to have utilities, so I'd have to check and ensure it does before pursuing it.  I don't know if it requires a certain house size either.  I've been constantly running into the problem in southwestern Missouri with houses needing to be at least 800 sf, 1,000 sf or 1,200 sf.  That's not something you run into in south-central Missouri where no building restrictions abound.  I have saved this land to my favorites, so I can have some hope of maybe finding something out there.

A fellow blogger, Aya Katz, who authors Notes from the Pens, has requested that I mention Orchard House, a place for lodgers in Raymondville in Texas County.  If you are looking to come to the Ozarks and would like a place to stay on nearly 5 acres, feel free to be in touch with Aya.

And I'm looking forward to being down in the Ozarks in less than two months to live in a lakeside lodge until I find a place to call home, so I can cover something other than real estate.

3 comments:

  1. I'm digging the timberidge one! ohhhh columns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many nice places out there. Good luck in your search!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like them all, especially that shotgun house! You could add a big patio or deck area alongside or even add on later down the road. You are right Victoria about the utilities being important. A septic will add $5,000 or more and having electric and water run isn't cheap either. My Mom's farm is at Lead Hill, about 45 minutes south on Bull Shoals Lake in Arkansas. Good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete